Thursday 31 December 2015

Sheriff Fakunle Ekundayo: MY AJEGUNLE DREAM

YES! It's another day to mark the end of the Gregorian year, 2015. As for me and my family, we say congratulations to every Christian and others reading this article.
How have you fared? Was the 365 days worthy of your expectations? Did you miss it at a point and dump your resolutions? Or like some of us, you defeated 2015 in grand style!
Now, my theme for this year's End-of-the-Year article is titled 'My Ajegunle Dream'. For anyone who has been following my December 31, articles since 2012,.Will observe one common feature; consistency.
As for me, Fakunle Sheriff Ekundayo, 2015 has been successful. Many thanks to my Almighty Allah, and to my wife, Bukola, and son, Jamal; they have been very understanding and supportive of Project 3:16. Then to my eldest brother; H.B. Fakunle, you are my number one fan, your constant phone calls from United State of America, about every professional step I have taken had been awesome and coated with sheer love for a brother to be successful.
To some professional friends, I remember your words at me, Ola Imma Opara, 'The Power of Concentration'; it was a golden recipe for Project 3:16, and glad I am to have attended your 'Signature', business class, and I have come to understand the cherish my 'Compelling Why', as an entrepreneur. Thank you.
More so, to my mentor, Mr. Kolade Akinpelu, every word from your mouth is worth is worth a million naira. I can't wait to attend your business class next year. Remember, we are now, 'Pinky and the Brain', so let's take over the world!
Ever since 2008, that I started 'facebooking', some few people have been consistently exceptional for my academic drive and Social intelligence. To my number one teacher on facebook, Professor Plus Adesanmi, you have brought me back to classroom, and sure will I continue to mesmerized by your subtle but craftily woven superlatives for every action in a sentence expression. I admire and learn from your enviable satire for a better Nigeria as a writer. Also, to Professor Onyeka Nwelue, your approach and philosophy about life smells a accomplishment and simplicity. You brought tears to me, once you wrote the article about how you have accomplished your dreams; it was soul lifting and a call to action. Never mind them, those who tried to judge you by their own measure. To Gimba Kakanda, I am always intellectually demystified reading through your numerous articles which I find rather prosaically interesting and engaging. Some, religiously enlightening with a liberal depth. Then, to my friends and supporters of Project 3:16, you are wonderful, May almighty God fortify your households with joy, always.
Now, to my Ajegunle dreams, I began to recollect the words of Chief Yomi Otubela, Vice- Chairman, National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS), when he said, "places don't make people, people make places." It is an open secret that Ajegunle-Apapa is famously abhorred with denigrating contempt, just because of the name. Ajegunle, from its literal meaning is a place of wealth. However, the immoral antecedents of some inhabitants in the late 1970s to early 21st century, has given the place a pubic notoriety. Therefore, it is my turn, and for those who passionately seek for a better and habitable with respect for the folkways and mores of a vibrant community.
I have moved from general to specific. That has been my mantra for series of articles written yearly on this day. My Ajegunle DREAM has birthed medial revolution that I will be eternally responsible for.
To any of my friends who is not a resident of Ajegunle, it is my dream to re-awaken your mindset about my place of birth as a land of wealth. We are people with indescribable talents, very resourceful impulsively creative and academically enterprising.
So my fellow Ajegunle brothers and sisters, I admire your efforts, Isaac Success, Yetunde Abisoye, Hon. Adewale Adeogun, Mrs. Patricia Funke Zuokemefa, Alfred Konaghue, Dr. Goodman Vine, Icemocool, Paul Moses, Alex The Great Akhigbe, and to our neighbours in the struggle, Ola Imma Opara, Victor Okoro, Toluwase Olaniyan, Talk Moses Ihiabe, and others, keep the dream on, for you have just scripted your names in the annals of history.
However, as these eulogies continue to usher in a resounding 2016, lessons I have learnt from the rich and famous people have been; 'never stop until you have acievex your dreams'. So I say to Ark Zuckerberg, thank you for giving someone like me a social network that affords me freedom of expression.
With facebook, what many offline Editors will not have made me realized, have achieved through Project 3:16 Metro on your social
network. Now, I have launched Project 3:16 Metro TV, and a friend of mine once joked that my TV does not have a frequency. Oh yes! It doesn't have. But it has wider reach!! So why the heck? You are worth only, that which your imagination can take you. So what are you thinking?
No wonder, the great business mogul , Richard Branson has always accomplished many success, by breaking barriers. My Ajegunle DREAM holds no barriers, let history and posterity judge me that I am one of those who effected a change in the media perspective for an Ajegunle society. That I am not deterred by the economic disparity in my shanties, and I celebrate my communities, my people and the common feat of an ordinary man inside Ajegunle Apapa!
The Ajegunle DREAM is a local initiative with global perception, that is why you are reading it here, and it will be read too in the United States of America. Whatever your dreams is, make sure it counts. Remember, you have a life to live, what legacy are you thinking of?
Welcome to 2016. Proudly supported by the VOICEOFAJEGUNLEblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Labels

Flickr